Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sew Excited!

I am one happy appliqueing Mommy! I have been anxiously waiting for the completion of this "Southern Living" font. It is from the July 2011 issue, it was used for "elegant outdoor entertaining." I have not used this font yet (only because I just got it) but I will have samples to show soon.





Here is a new Monag item I just received. It is called a frill bloomer set, and I have it in a size 3-6 months. If they had a size 4 Kathryn would definitely have one!



Wish I could claim these dresses below as my work but they were done by a sweet (and talented!) customer.



Here are some of my recent orders.













I found this pic below on a blog I follow. I plan to applique my nephew's initials on a blue sweatshirt in the blue/brown tri-plaid that I used in the cupcake above. How cute is that going to be?? And, of course, Kathryn will have to have a matching one. Which then means I will have to make them matching pants, right?



Last night I counted and I have 136 appliques, 3 embroider designs, 2 applique alphabets and over 525 fonts. Well on that note here are a few appliques I have bought in the past week . . . . .

This was by request for my nephew. He loves all sports, he is such a little boy : ) I am appliqueing this on a sweatshirt for him to wear with his UT football shirt. This is an alphabet applique so it comes in every letter. A name could be added below the letter.


I got this applique off Applique Forum. I just love it and the colors. This is from my fav applique site, Appliquecafe.com. The lady, Rosemary, that owns it is so talented, and she is juggling this business with 3 children! If you are new to appliqueing you must read her blog (there's a link from her site). She has lots of helpful posts about doing raggy designs, using heat n bond lite and more.



This is another alphabet applique. Its name is 'Spooky Owl.' I think the fabrics used in this applique aren't doing it justice.



Another for my nephew (requested by my sister). I did this for a customer last week and it turned out so cute!

One of Kathryn's best friends' third birthday is coming up (2 weeks after hers), and his mom wanted a train applique for his train themed party. I used this applique this past weekend for the same little boy that I made the tree in the truck applique above for. I also did this one for his 2 month old brother. I'll post pics soon.


For my little princess ; ) I had planned to applique a Cinderella bust on a dress for Kathryn and make pants to match with this princess wand on the bottom of the pant leg. Well, that was until I was talking to Kathryn about it and she told me that she didn't want a Cinderella outfit, that she wants Ariel and Tiana. Of course, this was after I bought a made-to-match Cinderella bow off Etsy! So that just means that she will be getting all three!


Another one of Kathryn's good friends' little brother has a birthday coming up, and his is fish themed. I appliqued a '2' and sized the fish down and put it on the bottom corner of the shirt. I'll post pics of this shirt soon. I've been so busy I've fallen behind on my picture taking.





This is an outfit I made Kathryn last year. I came across it as I was going through boxes of her old clothes to sell. She would actually keep the hat on - it was the cutest thing EVER!



0 comments:

Post a Comment