Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bows and "found" appliques

Yesterday I was on our main computer (I usually am on the laptop) and was looking through my applique folder. I came across these cute appliques that I completely forgot I had.

This witch hat applique is an alphabet applique.



Wouldn't this pair be precious for a brother/sister? These could be done on top of a red gingham square patch to add some additional festive color. I had planned on doing these appliques for Kathryn and Thomas but there just isn't enough time to do all that I want to do for them!!







I ordered these sweet crochet appliques last night. They will be precious on baby gowns, onesies, and rompers with a name monogrammed underneath.









I love these bows for Alabama fans. The houndstooth is so cute on the red. By the way, the houndstooth would look great on the elephant applique. Each of these bows are selling in a shop on Etsy for $9.50. I charge $3.50 for a monogrammed covered button. You can then go to my new favorite store for bows - Hobby Lobby. Their bows are $2.99 plus tax. This makes your total (in my area) $6.76; that's a savings of $2.74 (or 29% savings, see I do use my finance degree!)



These are the exact thing I had planned to make for Kathryn to go with her Minnie Mouse tutu. My Minnie Mouse heads for the center of the bow are a brighter pink.



I saw this shirt on a blog I follow (I don't personally know the person). When I saw this I knew I wanted to share. You can see the print of the outside of the apple underneath the turquoise dot. This can be avoided and be given a more professional look with one simple step. The print fabric would be tacked down and cut-out. When the placement stitch is run for the inside part of the apple you cut the print fabric. That way when you place the turquoise dot fabric down it will be flat against the t-shirt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment