Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I really needed more appliques, right?

Total random but did anyone else, besides my mom and I, drool over the mutli-colored embroidered napkins shown in Southern Living's August 2011 issue? The napkins shown in the mag cost $360 for TWELVE napkins! I have found someone that is digitizing it and will soon be offering it for sale! I personally spoke to the lady and she said it has been incredibly time consuming because she has had to hand draw each letter then digitize it. I have no idea what that entails but it's lots of work! I will let you know when it's available. Can we all guess what my mom is getting for Christmas!!

All of the appliques below, with the exception of the tree with the tire swing, are from Planetapplique.com. The tire swing applique is from appliquecafe.com.

I have done this applique before with the little boys name in the tree "leaves" in red thread. It was adorable! Plus, you know I have to throw this in ; ), Ragsland is selling this EXACT applique for both boys and girls. They added two red embroidered apples. Click here to see it. Since seeing this applique I have wanted to sew small red apple buttons on it.



This is an example of how the 'Treat Bag' applique can be used. I don't have this exact block applique font but I have similar ones. I want to applique this on a bag for Kathryn for Halloween.



My new fav boy applique! I will be doing this applique very soon. I can't wait to share! I think this one is great for older boys if you leave off the name and just do the initial in the middle.









Lots of new stuff to post tomorrow!! Good night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment